Wed, Aug 10|
Meet by School Tennis Courts for CheckIn
Reservoir Volleyball Tryouts
Who's ready for volleyball? We are! Fall Sports Tryouts – Starting August 10, 2022, the DEADLINE to REGISTER is Monday, August 1, 2022
Time & Location
Aug 10, 2022, 7:30 AM EDT – Aug 12, 2022, 7:00 AM EDT
Meet by School Tennis Courts for CheckIn, 11550 Scaggsville Rd, Fulton, MD 20759, USA
About the event
Tryouts: All players must arrive at tryouts no later than 7:30 am for the final tryout registration process. Players arriving late will not be permitted to enter the tryout. NO EXPECTATIONS.
ALL PLAYERS MUST be sure to have registered through the RHS Athletic Online Registration website and have all documentation completed by Monday, August 1, 2022.
For Eligibility requirements: Please be sure to visit RHS Athletic webpage.
Important Tryout Information:
- Tryouts will be from August 10th through Aug 12th.
- Doors open at 7:00 AM; be there no later than 7:30 AM.
- Everyone is to meet by the school's tennis courts to check in.
- All paperwork MUST be turned in online (See directions below). No walk-up registrations or paperwork is allowed.
What to Bring:
- The gym is HOT, so be sure to bring lots of water. It is extremely important to hydrate every day before tryouts begin.
- Form-fitting shirt: Loose or baggy shirts can hinder your movements, so avoid wearing them.
- Spandex shorts: Spandex shorts would be best. Or you're going to want something that is snug but doesn't restrict movement.
- Shoes: Volleyball shoes would be the best pair to have. They are lighter and offer better traction and arch support. If you don't own a pair of volleyball shoes, you should at least have a decent pair of running shoes. Anything with decent arch support will suffice.
- Knee Pads: These are strongly recommended to protect your knees on dives.
Other than material items, have a positive attitude and be prepared to work hard, hustle, and do your best. Be respectful to your coach. Show them you are coachable by listening and being able to take criticism. Stay focused on volleyball during practice and don't be distracted by others, phones, outside influences, etc.
Registration: Please get your paperwork in ONLINE (through Canvas) immediately. We have many who've registered but are not eligible due to paperwork not being completed. We cannot accept paper copies at the door. Submit everything on Canvas; we CANNOT make exceptions. You will not be allowed to tryout without all your paperwork turned in. Directions can be found here: https://rhs.hcpss.org/athletics
What to expect after Tryouts:
- Those who have made the team, we will move directly into practice. It is vital you DO NOT go on vacation after August 10th. We practice every day during the week and on Saturdays until school starts, and we will need all players to be in attendance.
- The first practice will be held on August 13th, with a team bonding event happening immediately after practice.
- Coaches will give all players and parents more information about practices and what will be expected of athletes once school starts.
- ALL CORRESPONDENCE from coaches will be through GroupMe chats ONLY. Make sure you pay attention to those messages to stay in the know.